What Hospital Bed Functions Does a Remote Control?
A Transfer Master remote control typically allows the patient or caregiver to adjust the position of the bed and control various functions to provide maximum comfort and support. Here are some common features:
- Bed Height: The remote control can adjust the height of the bed, which is especially helpful for getting in and out of bed safely.
- Head and Foot Elevation: The remote control can adjust the head and foot elevation of the bed to help the patient sit up or lay down comfortably.
- Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg: These positions are typically used to improve blood flow and alleviate pressure on certain parts of the body. The Trendelenburg position lowers the head of the bed while raising the foot of the bed, while the reverse Trendelenburg position does the opposite.
- Bed Articulation: The bed can be articulated at different angles to help patients get in and out of bed and to relieve pressure on specific areas of the body..
Overall, the remote control for a hospital bed is an essential tool that allows for the ability to adjust their bed to their specific needs and ensure maximum comfort and safety.
What Can Cause a Remote To Stop Working?
Your adjustable bed remote has the capability of being reset to factory settings. This will then allow your remote and bed system to respond as it did when delivered or installed initially. There may be a multitude of reasons that your adjustable bed remote would need to be reset but here are just a few:
- Your adjustable bed remote is not working the way it did when your system was installed.
- Your adjustable bed remote has frozen and will not work.
- Your adjustable bed remote’s response time is not as quick as when the system was initially installed.
- Only some buttons on your adjustable bed remote are working properly.
- The remote attached to the adjustable bed had to be replaced, thus it hasn’t been set up yet.
- The adjustable bed remote has stopped working completely.
- The adjustable bed remote only works sometimes.
- You would like to reset the entire system back to factory settings via my adjustable bed remote.
- You would like to reset the entire system back to a neutral position and need assistance in doing so.
- You have attempted to reset your adjustable bed back to a neutral position but it did not work properly or return to the desired neutral position.
- One adjustable bedside is working and the other adjustable bedside is not.
Disconnect and Connect
Many times, your adjustable bed and remote might become disconnected from a power source or need to be disconnected from a power source! If your remote stops working or is not working properly, unplug the entirety of the system from its power source and then plug it back in to the power source once again. This in turn, will give it a surge of energy that might fix your problem! Turning the system off and then back on again is the first step to resetting your adjustable bed remote. Here are the steps to follow to do so:
- Locate the power source for your adjustable bed.
- Once located, disconnect the cord that is plugged into the wall.
- After you have disconnected the cord, let it sit for a count of “10” or about 10 seconds.
- Once 10 seconds have gone by, locate the appropriate power source for the system.
- Then, reconnect the power cord into the appropriate power source.
- After reconnecting the cord into the power source, relocate your adjustable bed remote.
- Tap the feature you would like to adjust (i.e.Head, foot, hi-low, and European-style head tilt come standard with the Supernal Hi-Low, etc.)
- This in turn, should enact a factory reset and repower the remote to work as it did when the system was installed.
Another sure-fire way to ensure that your adjustable bed will remain installed and working properly is to locate a new power outlet and connect the adjustable bed system to that instead. Connectivity issues such as this are very frustrating (we understand) and we strive to ensure you have the best experience with your adjustable bed possible!
Press and Hold
If your system is malfunctioning and you need to reset it for this reason, there is potential that the keys on the remote are not getting pressed with enough force. If you are trying to locate one of the functions to adjust your bed (i.e. head and foot adjustable, hi-low, trendelenburg, reverse trendelenburg, cardiac chair position, etc.), press and hold the key to that function with force. If you are having trouble with the keys on your adjustable bed remote, please do not hesitate to contact support at 877-395-8592.
If your specific model of adjustable bed requires batteries and is currently malfunctioning, make sure that the given remote has the proper batteries installed. After you have ensured your remote has the proper batteries installed, ensure that your batteries are placed into the remote in the correct way. Battery installation is a leading cause in remote malfunction, thus causing you to need a reset.
If your adjustable bed has stopped working or the remote has become disconnected from the system, you might want to make sure that there are no insecure connections or cords obstructing connection ability. This also could include cords or connections obstructing the movement of the bed or base. There may be items in the way of the bed moving the way that it should. If this is the case, you or someone you know should remove the obstructions that are in the way of the hinges that shift your bed into the angle that you desire.
Lights, Signs, & Noises
We want to ensure that your adjustable bed and adjustable bed remote are working in a fluid manner. Here at Transfer Master, we desire a full, complete, & acceptable experience with your adjustable bed and adjustable bed remote. If you have attempted to use your adjustable bed remote and it has not responded in the way in which it should, here are a few steps to ensure that there is a problem, and support is necessary:
- Tap on the desired button and/or the desired position.
- If there is no response to you tapping on the desired button and/or position, then check the power source the adjustable bed system is connected to. This might involve disconnecting from the power source as listed above or, just ensuring that the power source has power.
- After ensuring that the connected power source does have power and it is a responsible source to hook your adjustable bed up to, attempt to switch power sources and plug it in to a different source to see if it’s a connectivity issue.
- If you have plugged it into another power source and there is still no response and you still desire to reset your adjustable bed remote, click on any button on your adjustable bed remote and listen for a “beep” sound or a light on your adjustable bed remote.
- Then, if there is still no response and you desire a hard reset on your adjustable bed remote, contact support at 877-395-8592. Due to the nature of the problem and the steps taken to ensure there is a problem with your system, customer service is recommended and we can take a look to see if replacement, repair, and/or assistance is needed. We are always happy to help and strive to assist in making your Transfer Master needs easy and efficient. We hope you have a great experience any time you are working with us.
If the issues above do not apply to you and you want to simply reset your remote for the sake of returning to factory settings, here are a few steps to do so:
- If your adjustable bed is already in a position that you have selected on the remote, press that position once more to return to the original position.
- If multiple settings have been selected on the remote, select those settings once more to return to the original position.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control and replace (if applicable).
- Press and hold the “power” button for 3 seconds (if applicable).
- Remove the batteries from the remote control and reinsert (if applicable).
Our friendly staff is here to answer your questions and can help configure a bed to fit your needs. Fill out this form to get help with a Transfer Master bed you have already purchased. You can also call us at 563-864-7364. We suggest that you lower the head, back, and leg section in the down position on your Transfer Master adjustable hospital bed when not in use. We recommend applying Silicone Spray in the pivot points of your bed every 4-6 months.