FAQs and Policies
Yes. First raise your bed's head section all the way up, then lower your bed's foot section flat. You should be able to easily slide your legs to the floor while still having the support of your Transfer Master bed.
Many of our adjustable hospital beds are approximately the same dimensions as the most common bed sizes, so there is usually no need for specialty size sheets on a Transfer Master bed. In the event you have purchased an 84" Long Bed, we can supply you with a name and number of a company that specializes in custom size bedding.
Yes. We suggest turning the mattress on your Transfer Master bed in order to extend the life of the mattress and to insure that it wears uniformly. We recommend that you turn the mattress on your Transfer Master bed four times a year - Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter but for better results rotate monthly.
Yes. Lower the head, back, and leg section in the down position on your Transfer Master adjustable hospital bed when not in use. We recommend applying Silicone Spray in the pivot points of your bed every 4-6 months.
No. The Transfer Master electric adjustable beds use standard, grounded, household outlets and require very little electricity. We strongly suggest that you do not plug your electric bed into an extension cord.
Yes. Transfer Master does ship it's products, including all beds, to Canada and anywhere in the United States.
Please contact the location where you purchased your Transfer Master bed. If you purchased your bed directly from Transfer Master, you can contact us by clicking here.
Yes, with a few exceptions, all of our components are made in the USA. We design and manufacture everything else in the USA, all our beds are final assembled in our factory in Postville, Iowa.
We have multiple dealers, nationwide, with the list constantly growing! Call 1-877-445-6233 today to find the dealer closest to you!
Warranty does not cover products damaged in shipping. It is the responsibility of the customer to inspect the delivered goods upon arrival. Should damages exist, report it immediately to Transfer Master Products, Inc. and the carrier. The carrier will be responsible for repairing or replacing the product. Failure to report these damages upon delivery could result in a loss to the customer.
SHIPPING: All shipments are FOB origin unless otherwise approved by management. All shipments will be shipped using the most economical method unless purchaser requests otherwise and absorbs additional freight charges.
FREIGHT DAMAGE: We package all items very carefully to minimize the likelihood of freight damage. The carrier who delivers our merchandise to you is responsible for loss and damage. Acceptance of the shipment by you is acknowledgement that all of the items were delivered in good condition. Therefore, all claims for loss or damage must be filed immediately with the "FREIGHT CARRIER." Notify our company, as well, so that we may document our records accordingly. When receiving a shipment, always note any visible damage on the delivery ticket. Should you need assistance with any claim, call Customer Service at: 563-864-7364.
CREDIT/RETURNS: All returns must be pre-approved in advance by Transfer Master Products, Inc. and a Return Authorization Form must be returned with product to insure proper credit. Customer is responsible for freight when returning product. Restock Fee is 35 percent plus all freight costs for standard items. Custom, used or altered items may not be returned. Any mattress or upholstered products may not be returned. Transfer Master Products, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any returns after 30 days.
FREIGHT DAMAGE: We package all items very carefully to minimize the likelihood of freight damage. The carrier who delivers our merchandise to you is responsible for loss and damage. Acceptance of the shipment by you is acknowledgement that all of the items were delivered in good condition. Therefore, all claims for loss or damage must be filed immediately with the "FREIGHT CARRIER." Notify our company, as well, so that we may document our records accordingly. When receiving a shipment, always note any visible damage on the delivery ticket. Should you need assistance with any claim, call Customer Service at: 800-475-8122.
- Dimensions and heights/adjustments stated are approximate. Actual dimensions may vary slightly
- Fabrics, quilt patterns, hand controls, bed styles, etc. may not be shown in photos due to changes beyond our control
- Transfer Master beds are ECU compatible (Environmental Control Unit compatible)
- Due to the custom nature of the products, orders may not be canceled once processing has begun
- If you do not have carpeted floor, ask about our optional glides or caster cups
- Headboard and footboard cannot be used with a dual king if beds are intended to be placed side by side
- Headboard and footboards are not to be used as weight bearing or for repositioning
- Most Hoyer type lifts are compatible with our beds. We cannot guarantee that your Hoyer will work with our beds.TO BE SURE, inquire at the time of placing an order. We may ask for the clearance and width needed for your specific lift
- We manufacture our beds to your requested specifications and within factory tolerances. We cannot guarantee that your specifications will work for you. If you have any doubts about your requirements, please consult with a physical therapist or specialist before ordering our products
- For your convenience, all of our beds include a 12 foot hand control cord, 2 side retainer bars, and a foot retainer bar
- We reserve the right to refuse service when the product is found to be in an unsanitary condition, soiled, stained or when failure is due to causes other than defective materials or workmanship.
MATTRESS WARRANTY: We offer a wide range of mattresses from cloth orthopedic to computerized turn systems. There are different Warranties depending on the product and often these Warranties are supported by our different providers. Specific Warranties are available upon request. All guarantees are limited to workmanship defects and exclude comfort and other subjective aspects. Customer will be responsible for any freight if the mattress needs to be transported. See policies above for other conditions regarding mattresses. If you purchased your bed from a local Dealer please contact to evaluate any defect.
Transfer Master Beds are for purchase only. We accept most major credit cards, domestic checks, some insurance, and purchase orders from major institutions and businesses (OAC). We do not bill Medicare or Medicaid.
Call us today at 1-877-445-6233 for a totally free custom evaluation!